We continue our series presenting some of the interesting documents, artifacts and publications in our collection.
Date: Dedicated 31 May 1891
Significance: On 4 January 1874 the pro-seminary or
academy section of the Missouri Synod’s “practical” seminary was transferred
from Saint Louis to newly acquired property in Springfield, Illinois. The
seminary program itself, focusing on functional rather than scholarly
theology, was transferred on 1 September 1875. The postcard depicts a new
classroom and dormitory building constructed in 1891.
Click here for additional information about this institution and the Springfield, Illinois, campus.